Water Main Break Status
January 14, 2022 at 8:30 AM
Check the website for updates: https://chagrin-falls.org/water-main-break-status/
Water main breaks or equipment malfunctions happen from time to time in Chagrin Falls. Affected homes are notified by placement of a red card on the front door to indicate a boil advisory is in effect. Green door cards are placed to notify all is clear.
Only the isolated areas are affected, and are under a boil advisory until further notice for drinking water only. Bathing and laundry are acceptable uses of water from the tap.
ISOLATED AREAS AFFECTED
- S. Main St to May Ct.
- 102 E. Washington to Main St.
BOIL ADVISORY INSTRUCTIONS
- Bring all water used for drinking, food preparation and cooking to a rolling boil for 1 minute.
- Do not use chilled water lines on refrigerators.
- Do not use ice from automatic ice machines.
NEARBY DISRUPTED LINES – NO BOIL – WATER IS SAFE
- Some nearby water lines may have been disrupted causing discolored water or air in the lines – the water is safe.
- Boiling is not necessary. Only the locations noted above are advised to boil water.
Stirred lines will clear as sediment settles, time passes and additional water passes through the system.
- Open faucet to remove air from the lines.
- Check COLD water periodically to determine if water has returned to normal.