The Building Department is accepting submissions/permits/registrations either by mail or by dropping off in the secure drop box outside the Police Department’s Front Door, labeled “Village Document Drop Box”. This box is checked every business day & is sanitized regularly. When submitting permits, the permit application & required details, & fees must be submitted together in order for the application to be processed & reviewed. Once approved & processed, the permit application will either be mailed to the applicant if a self-addressed stamped envelope is provided or they will be emailed. Processing applications can take up to 10 days.
The Chagrin Falls Building and Zoning Department is managed by Building Inspector Dominic Cribari.
Building & Zoning Department Responsibilities
- Works under the direction of the Chief Administrator.
- Review all zoning and building applications.
- Responsible for the issuing of all zoning, building permits and occupancy permits for zoning.
- Over sees the inspections of residential building construction for 1, 2 & 3, family dwellings.
- Reviews and prepare submissions for Architectural Review Board, agendas, minutes and correspondence pertaining to ARB matters.
- Handles zoning complaints.
- Enforces the property maintenance code violations.
- Meets with property owners, residents, business owners to be of service and assist them with them with concerns, questions and matters pertaining to building and zoning.
The Building Department works with two committees on decisions concerning area construction. The Architectural Board of Review makes decisions regarding exterior design proposals. The Board of Zoning Appeals handles requests for variances on renovations or new construction. Many questions can be answered by consulting the Building Department FAQ below. If you have additional questions, contact Dominic Cribari at 440-247-5050 ext. 5010.Building and Zoning FAQ
Assistant Building and Zoning Inspector
Direct Line: 440-247-5050 ext. 5010
Please call the Building Secretary, Katie Knauff for General Questions at 440-247-5050 ext. 1912 or email at email@example.com.
Permits and Forms