Position/Classification Title: Parking Enforcement Officer – Part-Time
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Lieutenant
Pay Range: $17.58 – $21.24 an hour
Deadline for Application: Until position is filled
Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
The Parking Enforcement Officer performs routine parking enforcement work in designated areas of the Village in accordance with state laws, village ordinances, and departmental rules and regulations. The Parking Enforcement Officer is responsible for:
- Monitors areas of regulated parking and issues parking citations where violations occur.
- Collects money from parking meters and turns in to bank.
- Is familiar with the streets, businesses and areas of regulated parking.
- Maintains parking meters, completes repairs when able, reports malfunctions or damage to administration.
- Interacts with the public regarding parking related issues and information.
- Maintains knowledge of state laws and municipal ordinances regarding parking.
- Works in conjunction with sworn officers to achieve the goals of the police department.
Hours of Work: 29 hours per week.
- Knowledge of the rules, policies and procedures of the Police Department.
- Ability to follow orders.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and the general public.
- Ability to write citations.
- Ability to work effectively under limited supervision.
- Position involves operation of a motorized vehicle, requires valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Prior Law Enforcement or Law Enforcement experience preferred but not required.
Interview and ability to pass a polygraph or CVSA, physical exam, drug screen and background investigation.
An employment application may be obtained on-line at www.chagrin-falls.org or at the Chagrin Falls Police Department, 21 W Washington Street, Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44022. Any questions can be directed to Lisa Mariola at 440-247-5036.