FirstEnergy is installing smart meters on homes and businesses starting July 20th. Exchanging your current meter with a smart meter takes very little time and even less effort from you.
Please reference the general overview fact sheet and customer letter below for more details.
Who to Contact
- If you have any questions about your installation, please call Wellington Energy at 888-317-8815
- If you’d like more information about our smart meter program, please visit our website at ﬁrstenergycorp.com/Ohiosmartmeter.
- On the day of the installation, an installer from FirstEnergy or our vendor – Wellington Energy – will come to your door to let you know they are installing your meter.
- If no one answers, we will leave a door hanger either indicating that the meter has been changed or asking you to contact us to schedule an appointment to change your meter.
- Unless your meter is located inside your premises, the installer will not need to enter your premises
Who is Installing
- FirstEnergy employees and contractor, Wellington Energy.
- Please be aware that all of our installers will be carrying a photo identification badge from FirstEnergy.
- FirstEnergy installers will wear standard uniforms and trucks.
- Wellington Energy installers will wear a brown uniform with a Wellington logo and their white trucks will have Wellington Energy and FirstEnergy logos.
- If an installer cannot show you an identification badge, or if you have a concern about that person’s identity, please call Wellington Energy at 888-317-8815.
- Photo of Wellington employee and their truck and a sample badge:
Minor Service Disruption
- There will be a brief interruption in your electric service when the meter is being installed, so you may need to reset some of your electronic equipment.