During to the COVID-19 health crisis the Building and Zoning department is operational but please anticipate longer than normal turnaround times in getting approvals as we are doing our best to keep things moving. We appreciate your patience and understanding as this will likely be in effect throughout the month of April or until the “stay-at-home” order is lifted.
- All building permits or applications, are available online in the Building Department section of our website, www.chagrin-falls.org.
- Permits are required for all construction, enlargement, alteration, repair or removal of any building or other structure.
- A permit shall be first obtained by the owner or his agent as set forth by CFCO 1307.01.
Exterior alterations require ABR approval including all signage, awnings, and/or fence submissions in proximity to a historical structures. Those submissions will still need to be submitted to the ABR for approval.
Architectural Board of Review Meetings Temporarily Suspended
All ABR meetings are suspended till further notice.
- If you have a submissions for ABR, we ask that you ONLY submit an electronic copy of plans and applications (PDF)
- You will be put on a waiting list
- Once the order is lifted we will advise by phone or email;
- the date and time for the meeting
- process to submit hard copies of plans, applications and fees
Other Types of Work
All other work still requires proper permits and will be subject to necessary inspections. If you are doing any of the following types of work, you are still required to fill and submit the appropriate permit:
- Interior work *habitable space, special arrangements will have to be made on inspections
- Structural and non-structural work
- Replacement windows that do not involve rough opening modifications
- Drainage and grading alterations
- Sanitary sewer lateral work
- Fences and retaining walls that are not in proximity to historical structures
- Sheds and or accessory buildings under 200 square feet.
There is a clearly marked and secure drop off box to the left of the Police Department front door for all applications, drawings and checks. We will be checking this daily with exception of weekends and holidays. We will communicate with all applicants either by phone, or email. It is essential that you print legibly and leave a good contact number or email. All approvals will be sent via email or mail if given a self-addressed stamped envelope with your submission.
If you have any further questions, please call Harry Edwards at 440-247-3156 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Messages will be checked regularly and returned as soon as possible.
Building and Zoning Inspector
Village of Chagrin Falls