Request a Public Record
Requesting a POLICE Record
Police Department public records may be requested by phone, fax, regular mail, in person or online.
- Online: Use the online POLICE RECORDS REQUEST FORM
- Phone: 440-247-5036, Monday-Friday, 8 am-4 pm
- Fax: 440-247-1037
- In-person: At the Police Department located at 21 W. Washington St. Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44022 Monday-Friday, 8 am-4 pm.
- Mail: Chagrin Falls Police Department, ATTN: Records Department, 21 W. Washington St. Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44022
Some requests may take days to complete. The Record Department will notify requesters when the records are ready—be sure to include contact information. Please note that written requests often ensure accuracy.
There is no charge to review records in person or to receive records by email (if possible). View the Records Request form for information on photocopying charges. Payment is not required when submitting a request, but must be received prior to receiving the records.
If you want a copy of an accident report, go to our online report module.
Requesting a GOVERNMENT Record
Public records are available at Village Hall Monday through Friday, during regular office hours, excluding legal holidays. For assistance in reviewing public records and/or obtaining copies of public records, please contact the Clerk of Council at 440-247-5050 or email@example.com .
- Public records will be promptly prepared and made available in a reasonable period of time.
- If a public records request requires research and/or review, you will receive a written response and/or the records within a reasonable period of time.
- Fee schedule is listed in the Village of Chagrin Falls Public Records Policy, section titled Costs of Public Records.
Village of Chagrin Falls has a Public Records Policy adopted pursuant to Ohio Revised Code §149.43.
Records and Public Records are defined respectively in O.R.C. §149.011 (G) and §149.43 (A) (1).
Learn more about the Village of Chagrin Fall public records policy.