- Water Disruption Status
Water Disruption Status
Water disruption as a result of main breaks, construction or equipment malfunctions, happens from time to time in Chagrin Falls. Affected homes are notified by placement of a red card on the front door to indicate a boil advisory is in effect. Green door cards are placed to notify all is clear. Water line construction can also result in water being scheduled for turn off, which results in a boil advisory once water is restored.
Water disruption status is continually noted below as new information is obtained.
|Date||Area Affected||Description||Boil Advisory|
|04/03/2023 at 3:00 PM||135-175 Grey Fox Run|
---THESE HOMES ONLY---
|Water service has been DISABLED, as REPAIRS ARE UNDERWAY.|
Upon restoration of water, a boil advisory will be in effect.
Water disruptions caused by main breaks or equipment malfunctions happen from time to time in Chagrin Falls. For some homes, water is disabled during repairs and restored upon completion. Affected homes are then notified of a boil advisory by placement of a red card on the front door. Green door cards are placed to provide notice that boil advisory has been lifted and the water is all clear for normal use including drinking.
Step 1 - Water Off
- Water is disabled for repairs to the water line.
Step 2 - Water Restored + Boil Advisory
- Water is restored and a temporary boil advisory in effect until water test returns all clear.
- Red door card placed on front door of affected homes to indicate boil advisory in effect.
Step 3 - Water All Clear + Boil Advisory Lifted
- Resume water use as per normal.
- Green door card placed on front door to indicate boil advisory lifted.
Boil Advisory is for drinking water only/for consumption. Bathing and laundry are still acceptable uses of water from the tap.
BOIL ADVISORY INSTRUCTIONS
- Bring all water used for drinking, food preparation and cooking to a rolling boil for 1 minute.
- Do not use chilled water lines on refrigerators.
- Do not use ice from automatic ice machines.
Some nearby water lines may have been disrupted causing discolored water or air in the lines – the water is safe.
NO BOIL - WATER IS SAFE
- Boiling is not necessary. Only the locations noted above are advised to boil water.
Stirred lines will clear as sediment settles, time passes, and additional water passes through the system.
- Open faucet to remove air from the lines.
- Check COLD water periodically to determine if water has returned to normal.