Periodically "flushing" fire hydrants is a necessary preventive maintenance activity. This process is part of a required maintenance program to maintain the integrity of the water system and to continue to deliver the highest quality water possible to our customers.
All fire hydrants are tested and flushed starting in April and will continue daily for up to 6 weeks, in order by street.
- April through May | Monday through Friday | 8 am to 4 pm | Until Completed
- Immediate and nearby areas will notice a drop in water pressure while hydrants are being flushed as well as discolored water. This is expected and all will go back to normal shortly after.
- Some discolored water may be noticed and should clear up within 3 or 4 hours after flushing.
- It is advisable to do laundry outside of the time frame the hydrants are being flushed in your neighborhood.
Flushing Status by Location
Hydrants are flushed by street in the following order until completed. While flushing is active, the status is updated regularly.
- Crossed off streets have been completed (
East of Village
To Main St – Village limits