The Chagrin Falls Street Department along with the Chagrin Shade Tree Committee completes tree trimming maintenance several weeks each spring and fall. This process will leave cut branches / limbs on your tree lawn, our goal is to chip the trimmings the following day. If the trimmings have not be removed in a reasonable time frame please call the Street Department at 440-247-5053.
Reminder that the Street Department has free wood chips for pickup Monday through Friday 7 am to 3 pm.
Pruning is when you selectively remove branches from a tree. The goal is to remove unwanted branches, improve the tree's structure, and direct new, healthy growth.
Benefits of Pruning
Pruning is one of best things you can do for your trees. A proper prune is both an investment in the long-term health of your plants and in the overall look and safety of your property.
- Say farewell to dead, broken or damaged branches.
- Save your property from potential damage from fallen branches.
- When you remove old branches, you give trees the green light to put out healthy, new growth.
- Give trees a clean, polished look that elevates your whole landscape.
- Set the tree up with a good foundation for long-term health.