Place all accepted recycling materials in the same recycling cart. Rinse recyclable containers to help reduce odors, insect attraction, liquid soiling of fiber products, and rejection of containers at the recycling plant.
Place material a clear or blue plastic bag next to your cart on your collection day.
- Paper and Newspaper: Clean and dry, no glossy paper, no foil wrapping paper, magazines, mail, newspapers and copier paper.
- Cardboard: Clean and dry, flattened and emptied of packing materials, no food contamination (i.e. pizza box grease).
- Plastic Bottles and Jugs: Clean and empty, do not crush bottles, keep lids on.
- No other plastic items are accepted - even if they have a recycle logo.
- Glass Bottles: Clean, empty and dry, labels accepted, no glassware, mirrors, window panes or light bulbs. Green, clear, and brown glass food and beverage containers.
- No other types of glass are accepted.
- Metal and Aluminum Cans: Clean, empty and dry metal or aluminum food and drink cans
- No other metal items are accepted.
- Anti-Freeze and Motor Oil Containers
- Holiday Lights
- Light Bulbs
- Paint Cans
- Plastic Bags
- Plastic Furniture
- Plastic Utensils
- Wax Cartons
- Wire Hangers
- Wires or Chains
- Yard Wastes
These items should be disposed of in the regular trash.
Recycling Right - In 3 Easy Steps
- When in doubt…Throw it out! - Make sure that all items are on the Kimble Recycling Center's approved list of accepted recyclables. If the item is not on the list or you are unsure place it directly into the trash.
- Recyclable must be clean and dry. - Food in considered a contaminate. No dirty peanut butter jars or bottles with water still in them. Cardboard must also be clean and dry. Greasy pizza boxes are not recyclable.
- No need to sort or bag your items. - Place your approved recyclables in your Kimble Recycling Cart all together. Items should be loose and un-bagged. Bags are contaminate at the recycling center.