Voter Information on Village Tax Levy Renewal
NOT A TAX INCREASE
Dear Chagrin Falls Resident:
On May 7th, Village voters will be asked to vote on a 5.5 mill General Fund renewal levy which would become effective January 1, 2020. This five year levy simply RENEWS a 5.5 mill tax issue which expires at the end of this year.
The proposed levy is a renewal of the current tax rate and WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR PROPERTY TAXES; the Village portion of your property tax bill will remain the same.
The levy will generate a total of $1 million per year, nearly 18% of the Village General Fund Budget. The following are examples of services funded by your property tax dollars:
Police and Fire Protection Ambulance Service
Street Maintenance Snow Removal
Rubbish Pick-up Parks
The Village receives 8.2% of the property taxes you pay each year. The remaining 91.8% is divided among the Chagrin Falls Schools, Cuyahoga County and Chagrin Falls Township. This Village General Fund operating levy has been constant at 5.5 voted mills for 31 years.
If you are interested in obtaining further information on this levy, please call Dave Bloom, Finance Director at the Village Hall (440) 247-5050.
Renewal is endorsed by:
Mayor: William Tomko
Former Mayors: Thomas Brick, Lydia Champlin, Ed Towns, B. Richard Bodwell
Nancy Rogoff, President
Erinn Grube, President Pro Tem