The Chagrin Falls Police Department will be accepting applications to fill one full-time and one part-time patrol officer position. Applications may be picked up in person at the Chagrin Falls Police Department, 21 W. Washington Street (Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.) or downloaded online here starting May 1st, 2017.
Completed applications must be returned in person by May 12th, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. Dates and times that applications can be turned in are in the application packet. Additional information regarding the position is available below.
- Must be willing to :
- Work irregular hours and days
- Enforce laws regardless of personal ethics or feelings
- Wear the uniform furnished by the department and comply with the department grooming standards
- Carry a firearm
- Work under adverse or potentially hazardous conditions
- Must be:
- Of good moral character
- Physically fit as set forth by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission
- Mentally aware that the possibility exists that you may have to take the life of another if justified in terms of existing laws, policies and procedures
- Minimum 21 years of age at time of appointment
- Maximum 35 years of age at time of Oral Review Board – Five year extension (40 years age maximum) granted for applicants who have service credit verified in one of the three qualified Ohio law enforcement pension systems (OP&F, PERS-LE, HPRS) *
- A citizen of the United States of America
- High School Graduate or General Equivalence Diploma
- Upon appointment, must be a graduate of a Basic Police Academy authorized and supervised by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission and hold State of Ohio Peace Officer Certification.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license or be qualified to obtain one upon appointment. Good driving record is required.
- Must have skill to read and interpret complex technical documents written in English, such as: laws, ordinances, court decisions, and training bulletins.
*Maximum age does not apply for part-time position.