Directory below shows an alphabetical listing of staff members in all departments in the Chagrin Falls Village government. You may select a particular category from the drop down menu.
I have been with the Village of Chagrin Falls since 1977 starting out as serving as a Volunteer Fireman.
In October 1985, I worked full time in the Service Department before transferring to the Utilities Department in 1991. I worked there in the Water & Waste Departments as a Class One Waste Water Operator until 1999. After that, I transferred to Village Administration to became the first full time Building & Zoning Inspector for Chagrin Falls, certified as residential building inspector, and residential plumbing inspector.
In 2010, I retired from the Chagrin Falls Fire Department as a part time class one Firefighter/EMT after 32 years of service.
Glenn Elliott has been with the Village of Chagrin Falls since October of 1982. He is the Utilities Department Superintendent, with a Class III Wastewater and Class III Water Supply EPA license.
Robert Jamieson has been employed with the Village of Chagrin Falls since April of 2012. He was promoted to Assistant Administrator in September 2017. In January 2018 he was appointed to Chief Administrative Officer. Rob holds both a Master of Public Administration degree and a Bachelor of Arts in Urban Studies degree from Cleveland State University Levin College of Urban Affairs.
Robert has 14 years of full-time experience and several years of part-time experience in the Public Works field prior to joining the team in Chagrin Falls.
The Chief Administrative Officer functions as the head of the Department of Public Service and:
* Manages all operations of the Municipally-owned utilities.
* Makes investigations and analyses of finances of the Municipally-owned utilities, and make recommendations to Council and the Mayor concerning all charges and rates to be made for services rendered and all extensions and curtailments of service.
* Makes investigations and recommendations to Council and the Mayor concerning all new construction, maintenance and replacement of existing facilities and equipment, and planning of future operations of the Municipally-owned utilities.
* Is responsible for the construction, improvement, repair and maintenance of all public streets and alleys, public buildings, drains, ditches, storm sewer facilities, parks, playgrounds, and public places; including public cemeteries.
* Makes investigations and recommendations to the Mayor and Council concerning bids for public contracts.
* Supervises the lighting, sprinkling and cleaning of public streets and places.
* Functions as Building Inspector of the Municipality and charged with the duty of issuing building permits and enforcing the zoning and building code regulations of the Municipality.
* Functions as the purchasing agent for the Village and has such powers and duties in connection therewith as prescribed by Council.
* Has such other powers and duties as may be prescribed by ordinance of Council.