Immediate Supervisor: Executive Lieutenant
Pay Range: $15.28 – $18.46 an hour
Deadline for Application: February 15, 2017 Click here to download the application
The Parking Enforcement Officer performs routine parking enforcement work in designated areas of the Village in accordance with state laws, village ordinances, and departmental rules and regulations. The Parking Enforcement Officer is responsible for issuing and explaining citations, giving information related to parking to the general public, and for collection and maintenance of parking meter equipment. The Parking Enforcement Officer is a non-sworn, non-commissioned position.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors areas of regulated parking and issues parking citations where violations occur.
- Collects money from parking meters and turns in to bank.
- Is familiar with the streets, businesses and areas of regulated parking.
- Maintains parking meters, completes repairs when able, reports malfunctions or damage to administration.
- Interacts with the public regarding parking related issues and information.
- Maintains knowledge of state laws and municipal ordinances regarding parking.
- Works in conjunction with sworn officers to achieve the goals of the police department.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the rules, policies and procedures of the Police Department.
- Ability to follow orders.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and the general public.
- Ability to write citations.
- Ability to work effectively under limited supervision.
- Position involves operation of a three wheeled, motorized vehicle, requires valid Ohio Driver’s License
The second town meeting in a three meeting series took place on Wednesday February 1st at Township Hall. In the video below, the Chagrin Falls Parking Commission takes comment from residents and local businesses on the proposed paid parking plan for the downtown area.
A final Town Hall is scheduled for February 15th from 6-8 pm in Township Hall. If you are unable to attend, please send comments on the parking proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org, and note if you are a business owner, resident or visitor.